- Our initial involvement identifies the changes that are required
- Team members are coached to develop a thorough analysis of their challenges, goals and action plans
- If it's needed, we improve the team's presentation skills
- Delegates are then required to prepare and make an excellent presentation of their action plan to their team colleagues
- These presentations are professionally recorded on video with spotlights and a full stageset
- This workshop format gets the adrenaline going and helps to secure clear commitments
- The videos are made available on a secure web page where colleagues can review and comment
We have found that these events deliver
- Genuine commitment to carefully considered action plans
- High levels of engagement from every team member
- A proven way of sharing the best ideas within the team
- Improved presentation and communication skills
Where did this idea come from?
15 years ago we ran a big management development programme with 150 managers from a large and successful distributor of safety products and equipment.
The programme was entitled "Presentation Skills and the Challenge of Change". We combined high level presentation skills training with workshops on the huge changes that the business faced.
The programme concluded with each delegate making an excellent presentation about one aspect of these changes, and their personal conclusions, recommendations and commitments.
This combination of team based workshop, presentation skills training and highly visible personal commitment to actions proved to be very successful. We developed the idea more and more with subsequent client projects and registered the trade mark of Lights, Camera, Action® in 2002.